Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Nervous Anticipation

Hi All!

Well we are now in the process of securing a retail store. I am submitting our financials today and I must say that I am very nervous. I want our little cupcake shoppe to truly succeed and thrive, so the setting-up process makes me a tad bit anxious. It is wild to think that we just decided to "see what happens" with BabyCakes Cupcakes at the end of May and we are looking into a permanent location in August. I have had some people say, "I would love to do something like this, but I don't have financial backing or I am a little scared to go thru with it". So, in the spirit of those comments, I want to give you guys a little of our background. I had been sick for the majority of my life. From the age of 10 until 31, I had debilitating endometriosis; to all of you beautiful women out there suffering with this disease, my heart, soul, spirit goes out to all of you. I know how hard this road is. So... I always said that when I get healthy, I would do something that I love each and every day. After countless surgeries and at the age of 30, I had reached a point with the disease that I could no longer function under any circumstance or even eat for that matter. I underwent a hysterectomy at 31 and honestly, it was the happiest day of my life. So in May, it was a little over a year since the life-saving surgery and my husband and myself were sitting at our kitchen table. I decided at that moment that it was time to fulfill my dream and BabyCakes Cupcakes was born. So, to everyone out there wanting to do something wonderful; know that we have no financial backing, it is just the two of us trying to make this work one day at a time. Live your dreams people, whatever they may be!!! If that means opening your own cupcake bakery, then I say rock on. We can exchange recipes! We are waiting with nervous anticipation for our dreams to be realized, so if you have some extra time, shoot some good vibes our way. We love you all and thank you for taking this ride with us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tricia - I am so excited you are going to open a store soon! The only down side is I am not in Lexington to visit your shop on a daily basis (as I know I would). I know you will be so successful because of the personal touch you put on every order. When I ordered cupcakes for my mom in July you went above and beyond to make her birthday cupcakes absolutely perfect! She immediately called me after you left and said the cupcakes are gorgeous and decorated so perfectly. She also said you were "as cute and sweet as you could be". She thought you were absolutely adorable!! Thank you so much, you really helped make my mom's birthday even more special. I'm sure you will be getting a order from my mom (and me again) in the near future!

Danielle said...

Thank you for your post and addressing my fears. That was very kind of you and I certainly feel a tinge of inspiration after reading it. Life is too short to not do what we love, or at least try. How did you learn the steps to take, in other words where did you start and how did you know to start there? You're an invaluable resource to me and I hope you don't mind my questions. Like I said before, I wish you all the luck in the world! I just hope you're open during those crazy hours when I crave something sweet!