Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Life is Hard

Do you ever have those moments when you feel like you are being tested over and over again? I am having one of those moments. Bella Rose did not respond to her second round of chemo treatments; her lymph nodes began swelling at an alarming rate on Sunday. Her hind legs were double in size and she looked like something from the Elephant Man. We took her back to the vet and she had another round of chemo. This was the third round that wasn't supposed to take place until Friday, but the docs decided it was an emergency. So, now we are at a point that if her lymph nodes go down and stay down, we have hope. If her lymph nodes go down, but swell right back up, then our hope is lost. At the moment, her lymph nodes have shrunk and I am just praying that they stay that way. Regardless, her not responding to the second round of treatments makes her remission time much shorter. I have cried myself sick and at the moment, I have no clue how to feel. I am very excited that the lymph nodes have shrunk, but scared to get crazy excited. The kicker of this whole deal is that 2 years ago we had to put our beloved chocolate lab, Bubba, to sleep because he had inoperable cancer. Hence, why I feel like I am being tested...over and over again. So please just keep Bella in your thoughts; I know that she can feel them.

On the bright side, I got to bake 4 dozen cupcakes for a lovely ladies 87th birthday today! Those things make me immeasurably happy. How cool is it to be 87 and get tons of cupcakes?! I love my customers!!! We also received our lease this week and we are pouring over it, so that we can get our store up and running. I am so excited about our retail store because we will get to reach so many people. Also this week, we were fortunate to celebrate Raising Cane's 1 year anniversary with them. They had a great party at Upper Street on Monday and we supplied them with 150 cupcakes. It was a lot of fun and a great concept restaurant; if you haven't tried it, go now!

So, as always, I send you all my love and thanks to all for your loving words and thoughts! If you are ever looking for a vet, please visit Sheabel. Dr. Lynch and Dr. Anutu have been amazing along with Sarah, Rebecca, Tasha and all the other lovely ladies at Sheabel. They are a part of our family now and I hope you make them a part of yours!

Peace & Love!!!!!!

No comments: