Wednesday, April 22, 2009

3 Weeks....REALLY?!

Well my friends, we have officially been open for three weeks. It doesn't feel that long at all; which in the grand scheme of things isn't really that long, but for my purposes this all feels like a dream. The first two days that we were open, it was very slow and I started whining just a tad; I guess second guessing my big decision. So on the third day of whining, I pulled up my big girl panties and made a very rudamentary sign out of our glorious pink boxes, which I then affixed to two pieces of wood, wrote our name in blue sharpie and proceeded to beat this thing into the ground at the end of Patchen Drive with a rock. My adorable husband laughed at my efforts a little but he did agree to do the rock beating part. So thirty minutes after this little exercise, people started coming in the door. I am not saying it was due to our poor little box sign, but the timing was rather odd. So, needless to say I stopped whining about no one visiting our little shoppe. We also had an ad come out in Skirt Magazine, which I love dearly. That could have a part in this saga as well, but the little pink box deserves some credit I think. The funny thing is that it's still at the end of the road. I can't bring myself to take the thing down! So fast forward to today and we are still here baking cupcakes. I even have time to come up with some new cool flavors like white chocolate raspberry and chocolate chip cookie dough. We even have the opportunity to create special cupcakes like eggless and milkless for people with allergies. I think that is very important because I couldn't imagine the stress of dealing with a food allergy; let alone having a child with a food allergy. I feel the need to at least try to create special cupcakes because everyone deserves a happy; especially people that have had to cut these from their diets due to the curse of allergies. I want to thank everyone that has supported us during this venture and all of the wonderful people that we have met since the shoppe opened. Thank you all for bringing your adorable children to visit us. That is truly one of the highlights of my day; especially when they see the free sprinkle jar and become picassos of the cupcake world sprinkling their happy cupcakes in beautiful colors.

So cheers to 3 weeks!

Peace & Love,
T

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you take a picture of that sign. It will be a treasure someday. : ) Absolutely precious.

FF

BabyCakes Cupcakes said...

I didn't think to do that FF. What a fabulous idea! I hope that it is still in good enough shape to photo.

Morgan Middleton said...

I hope you took a picture too! I think it must have been there when I came the first time, but I have never seen it. I have been in twice and adore everything you make. Once I bought a sampling for myself and some girlfriends, and the second time I was on my way to a housewarming party in Ohio. We are going to get each other's businesses on Lee Cruse's mid-day show. =) Anyway, the chocolate with raspberry buttercream icing, the angel food cake, and most especially the chocolate chip cookie dough make my mouth WATER and I can't wait to place my Mother's Day order!!

BabyCakes Cupcakes said...

Thank you so much Morgan; you are such a doll!! I can't wait to decorate your 'mom' cupcakes. Look out Lee Cruise; here we come!!!