Monday, April 27, 2009

New Adventures

I did something today that I have never done before. I went to a movie by myself. It seems odd that I have never done this before considering my ripe young age of 33, but it was a new adventure for me. I went to see Coraline, which I realize is a little late, but I think we were working on the shoppe when this movie came out. At that time, work was all that I could focus on. So, on my day off I went to the dollar theater, bought my popcorn (which they use eco-friendly bags much to my delighted surprise) and soda for my movie adventure. I was actually the only person in the entire theater to see Coraline, which was very wicked. It was like Neil Gaiman had arranged my own personal screening which I relished. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie; it was beautiful and unique. Two things that I value in a movie, plus I truly adore Neil Gaiman. I think that he is one of the few writers whose words are so individualistic that you know instantly it is him when you hear them spoken. But I digress, the real story here is going to the movies alone. It was very nice actually; I was allowed to fully lose myself in the story and I think that it is extremely important to be able to spend time with yourself and just yourself. If you can't be alone with yourself and enjoy it, then why would anyone else enjoy your company. Plus my very best friend will be traveling a lot in the future, so I need to become comfortable with these types of outings. All in all, it was a delightful day and I do recommend the movie. I also recommend new adventures with the person closest to you. Yourself.

Peace & Love,
T

No comments: