Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Skateboarding Blondes

For about 2 1/2 weeks a young boy, I would guess around 9 or 10, has been skateboarding outside of the shoppe. He makes a few passes and stares into the door maybe 4 or 5 times a day. I have absolutely no problem with this; I love skateboards actually. I keep wondering when, if ever, he will pull the nerve up to come inside and see what all the pink is about. Well, today was the day; it goes a little something like this:

Me: "Hey, how's it goin?"

Skateboarding Blonde: "Good" he replies as he stares wide-eyed at the cupcakes on display

Me: "I like your skateboard"

Skateboarding Blonde: "Thanks, it's actually a razor board" he states as he is shuffling his feet, still not making eye contact with me

Me: "I have no clue what that is, I only understand skateboards. Do you like cupcakes?"

Skateboarding Blonde: "Oh Yes!" - his eyes have grown even wider if that was possible

Me: "What is your favorite flavor of cupcake?"

Skateboarding Blonde: "Chocolate with Chocolate icing"

Me: "Well, you are very lucky my friend because I have been dying to give away a chocolate cupcake with chocolate icing all day. Would you happen to want it?"

Skateboarding Blonde: As the impossibly wide eyes, widen even more "Yes please!"

Me: "Sprinkles?" I ask as I am piling them on to his lovely cupcake and he is nodding feverishly, "Just tell me when to stop."

Skateboarding Blonde: after 5 or 6 spoonfuls, "When".

So, we have finally made contact and I have a strange feeling that this won't be our last encounter. As long as he keeps saying please with wide eyes, I will keep supplying the sprinkles.

Peace & Love,
T

3 comments:

melanie mauer said...

cute story...and i love how he's a sprinkles fan! warmly, -melanie-

Anonymous said...

Too cute!! That is like a little kid's dream come true. : )

FF

newsbug said...

I so wish my camera's battery didn't die before I saw the little 4th cousin with icing all over her face! You would have loved it. The cupcakes were a hit! :)