Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dog Days of May


Good Morning Dolls! I would like to introduce you to Jack (pictured above), my fuzzy love. Jack was brought into our family close to 5 years ago as a friend to our sweet, precious Bella Rose. Jack was by all accounts her 'puppy' and was supposed to be my husband's dog, but Jack and I fell madly in love. He has always been an incredibly sweet, fun-loving, snuggle bunny, calm and extremely well behaved dog. When Bella was in her last stages of lymphoma and blind, Jack was very gentle with her and guided her sightless self throughout her daily grind. He is just a great, mindful doggy...until now.
The husband has been away from the house for work for close to a week now and this is the first time that Jack has been without daddy. Husband always tells me that I should be sterner (is that a word?!) with Jack and I always say, 'Jack totally listens to me and knows when I mean business'. Oh dear friends, my statement was totally untrue, but when spoken, I truly believed that Jack knew the difference between my lovey voice and my 'I mean business fuzzy buddy and I will take no excuses'. The dog Jack is pushing every button that I have; I can only assume it is because he is the only dominant male in the house now. There are bags that have been in our extra bedroom since Christmas that he has never touched and suddenly he has decided to pull every bit of tissue paper from said bags and rip them all throughout the house. There was a plastic bottle of black icing that had been sitting on the table for at least 3 weeks that he never took a second glance at that he decided to demolish and deposit said black icing down the hall carpet. Jack has taken all the yard clippings and kindly deposited them on our back deck. As I am typing, he has thoughtfully pulled up my lavender plant (the entire lavender plant) and placed it at the sliding glass doors for me to see. All of his precious stuffed animals, that he lovingly adores, are taking a serious beating in some innocent and non-innocent ways. He is even drinking out of the toilet dolls!!! He has NEVER drunk from the toilet.....EVER! I can only hope that this phase will pass considering that said husband will be away from the house a lot. If not, me and the 100 pound Jack will be attending some obedience classes. Considering all of this has gone down in less than a week, please pray for my remaining plants, his stuffed babies (tiny, blue, mr. baa baa, oscar, bob and chuck)and my shoes because I fear they are next. My problem, as you can see from the above picture, is that he is freaking adorable; like a gigantic golden teddy bear. I must remain strong, I must use my stern I-mean-business-voice, I must not fold to his sad puppy eyes. Dear friends...who am I kidding.

Peace & Love,
T

1 comment:

newsbug said...

Good luck on that. My animals run my house...but then again I have two dogs and four cats and a rabbit....and a turtle. So I am totally out numbered. ha!

You did a great job on our GMK and I just ate the Brazilian Goddess and it was yums! It was great meeting you today and I look forward to being able to show off your cupcakes to the whole family on Sunday. :)